Real Estate BlogRSS Feed
Spaced Out Full Moon Hike to Corona Heights by Urban Diversion Adventures. Corona Heights is one of the very few spots that you can see the whole of San Francisco. It is a must see location.
Malthouse Tour at Admiral Maltings in Alameda. Learn the story of malt and its foundational role in beer. Discover the connection between farmer, maltster and brewer (or distiller) and find out what makes Admiral's California-grown, floor-malted barley so special.
The Quicky by All Out Comedy Theater in Oakland. Fast-paced improv sets are packed to the brim with side-splitting unscripted comedy. Using the audiences suggestions the cast creates short form scenes and games. ADULTS ONLY, as you may have guessed from the name, it is a no-holds-barred show.
Wow, this is a difficult topic to tackle, because Alameda has many great parks. I'll list some for the geographical convenience and others for their stand-out features, or both.
Crown Beach can't be beat. There is a BIG parking, an abundance of picnic tables, lots of open space and a beach, of course. You won't find any slides or swings here, but then you have a real live beach. The beach is shallow with no waves worth mentioning. So little children can play in the water with supervision, but not constant concern for safety. There is a washing station to wash off the sand near the bathrooms. When everyone is hungry, there are grills available. Bring some jackets (it is sometimes cold), beach towels, sunscreen, hats, blankets for the ground, chairs,…
- My Sisters Keeper Expo 2020 featuring Angela Davis | Empowerment, Encouragement & Enrichment. My Sisters Keeper is Dedicated to serving the community with events that create an impact.
- Cardio Combat with Amelia Garcia | A MMA inspired workout in your own home. All levels welcome and plenty of modifications given!
- Astrophotography 101 hosted by Chabot Space and Science Center | Grab your phone and learn how to take stellar photos!
- The Most Beautiful Hike of the Year - Waterfalls hosted by Urban Diversion Adventures - Socially distanced hike in the Marin Headlands
- Bellydance Basics with Shabnam Dance Studio | Gain beauty, vitality and physical discipline with an ancient art form that has been practiced for thousands of years.
- Oakland Museum at Home | See all the virtual offerings from the Oakland Museum of California
- Oakland Public Library | Read a book or magazine, do some research and lots more.
- Alameda Public Library | Digital and video streaming, stock market research and more
- Lawrence Hall of Science | Supporting learning for families
- Berkeley Arts Museum & Pacific Film Archive | Lots of great content to view from home
- Just Desserts: From Cheese to Chocolate: an art docent event hosted by the Friends of the Alameda Free Library | Explore desserts, whether sweet or savory, and the role they play in our everyday lives, our cultural history, and our art. This is an online event with Marsha Holm, docent with the Fine Art Museums of San Francisco
Here are some events coming up this week in the East Bay. If you attend one, let me know what you think.
Kimonomomo Open House: Check out our supply of new and vintage Japanese fabrics, notions, books, and tons of sashiko supplies in beautiful downtown Alameda, CA.
Introduction to Kayaking: We will cover equipment, paddle techniques, trip planning, on land transporting and maintenance and safety. We will develop your boat control as we paddle around the area and practice our new skills. All gear provided, recommended for ages 12+.
Comedy Oakland - Little Club. Big Laughs goes virtual for this Zoom event. LImited to 100, so log-in early!
May 10 is devoted to Mother's Day!
Foam Roller Happy Hour by Witch Way Wellness | touted…